Deciding on Window Treatments
We Sell Different Types of Window Treatments in Chicago
From Roller Shades to Honeycomb Blinds, We Have It All
When decorating a home, it is crucial to consider how window treatments will add function and fashion to space. While some clients use window treatments to provide privacy, others think of them from a decorative perspective. Understanding the qualities of the types of window treatments available for your Chicago home is crucial to accomplishing these goals. Architectural Window Treatments can help you decide which window treatment fits the aesthetic already existing in the house. Automated window treatments are one of the best ways to combine functionality with beauty. We sell automated versions of all kinds of window treatments, making opening and closing shades, blinds, and shutters a breeze. Don’t take our word for it. Watch our video and read below to learn more.
How to Choose a Window Treatment
There are seemingly endless options available to consumers during the window treatment search, presenting both challenges and opportunities. Our rundown of the different types of window treatments should illuminate you on the differences and make the process easier. You can choose from:
- Roller Shades: If affordability is a premium concern, then roller shades are an excellent fit. They roll into a tube and offer a minimalist appearance. We offer blackout and light-filtering options, enabling homeowners to control natural light exposure levels. That’s the true value of roller shades: They provide endless customization options.
- Honeycomb Blinds: Honeycomb blinds provide three benefits all homeowners value: light control, privacy, and cost-effectiveness. They are energy-efficient, so they can help keep heating and cooling costs down, saving money by the month. Honeycomb shades also look great. Our past clients report that they receive compliments on their new shades from guests.
- Venetian Blinds: Homeowners often ask us why we recommend Venetian blinds so enthusiastically. One of the reasons is its flexibility. There are various styles, materials, and colors to choose from, ranging from contemporary to modern design. But they combine their utility with old-fashioned beauty. You’ll enjoy gazing at them from your couch or bed.
- Drapery: If it’s elegance you are searching for, then drapery might appeal more than blinds, shades, or shutters. Drapery is fabric-based window treatment. We sell energy-efficient options and custom-cut and -design them to fit your home. This option offers plenty of upside to those who prefer more traditional design aesthetics.
- Roman Shades: Roman shades include one continuous fabric that folds neatly up or down. We cut them to match your window measurements, so they will always integrate seamlessly into your house. Many homeowners enjoy the soft qualities the fabric provides, as well as how affordable they are.
- Shutters: Sometimes, the classic choice is the best one. Shutters are a timeless choice. They add a beautiful architectural flavor to the inside of the home while still providing shade and privacy. They are also attractive both inside and outside the house.
- Solar Shades: Featuring an opaque design, solar shades allow homeowners to gaze at their surroundings without drawing the shades or sacrificing their privacy. We sell them in several transparent ranges, so homeowners can always find a privacy level they’re comfortable with.
- Wood Blinds: Wood blinds are rustic and gorgeous, and the staining and grain patterns are perfect. One of the best ways to introduce warmth into your home is by opting for wood blinds over other materials. They also pair well with hardwood floors and bring the outside into your home.
- Faux Wood Blinds: Wood shades can cost more than some homeowners are willing to pay. Faux wood blinds offer the same beautiful look but at a fraction of a cost. Usually, these blinds feature PVC, vinyl, and composite wood materials and closely replicate wood.
- Panel Track Blinds: As a modern alternative to vertical blinds, panel track blinds help homeowners maximize natural light, privacy, and style in their home. Because they feature a fabric-based design that slides back and forth on a track, they are easy to operate.
- Sheer Shades: These shades include two sheer fabric facings set on top of soft fabric vanes. When you open the vanes, the fabric allows diffused light in without sacrificing privacy. Homeowners can also dampen the light by closing the vanes.
- Pleated Shades: For a casual, sheer appearance, gravitate toward pleated shades. They collapse and stack neatly and appeal most to homeowners who enjoy minimalist design concepts. Pleated shades also allow quite a bit of natural light to shine through the windows.
Contact Us Today to Get Started
Our goal is to make the window treatment purchasing process as easy as possible. We know how many options are on the market. Our team has design experience, enabling them to make smart recommendations on their clients’ expressed preferences. For instance, if you tell us your home features plenty of modern décors, we can recommend a type of window treatment that complements the rest of the house. The same goes for those who adore the contemporary, minimalist, and mid-century modern design. Even if you have little concept of your design preferences, we can help point you in the right direction through photographs of your home or general descriptions. Contact us today or visit our showroom to get started with your project.